Fallout: Van Buren
Critical Failure Chart
Critical Failure Table
- Ammo Problems – The magazine was damaged or the ammo was bad. The gun does not fire, and the rest of the magazine must be discarded.
- Weapon jammed – Should have cleaned your gun out! The weapon will take 1 turn to unjam, and the ammo inside must be discarded.
- Loss of AP – D’oh! The attacker looses all remaining AP for that round.
- Dropped weapon – something slipped, and the weapon flew out of your hands and hit the ground.
- Weapon Explodes – Something nasty that happens only with explosive or energy weapons. Deals 3d10+7 Damage to anyone within 2 hexes of the weapon. OUCH!
- Hit Something Else – You didn’t hit what you were aiming for, but you nailed the next closest target. Hope it wasn’t your buddy..
- Damage Self – You cut yourself on your knife, or shot yourself in the foot. Half the weapon’s normal damage is dealt to YOU instead.
- You slip and fall. All remaining AP are gone, and next round, you must get up.
- Weapon breaks – the weapon breaks beyond repair. Time for a new one. Oops.
- Anvil – A miniature anvil falls out of the sky and strikes you on the head for 1d10 points of damage. No chance to dodge, and DT and DR are disregarded for this strange, magical attack.